Welcome to the social work website for Cayce Elementary!
School social workers are a link between school, home and community in helping students achieve academic success. They work directly with school administrations, as well as, students and families to provide leadership in forming school discipline policies, mental health intervention, crisis management, and support services.
School social workers are trained mental health professionals who can assist with mental health concerns, behavioral concerns, positive behavioral support, academic, and classroom support, consultation with teachers, parents, and administrators as well as provide individual and group counseling/therapy.
Social services provided by the school social worker include:
- Collaborating with school and community resources to assist students in maintaining enrollment and academic success.
- Acting as a liaison between home, school, and community to enhance communication and relationships, and to assist in identifying factors that influence student performance.
- Supporting and collaborating with parents, administration, guidance counseling, mental health, and special services to improve student success.
- Assisting families in understanding and accessing resources available within the school and community.
Resources for Parents and Students
- Food Pantries
- Lexington/Richland Alcohol and Drug Abuse Center (LRADAC)
- Sistercare (24-hour shelter and counseling for victims of domestic violence)
- SC Department of Mental Health
- SC Department of Social Services (DSS)
- SC Legal Services
- SC Department of Vocational Rehabilitation (job training)